“I had some trouble (not so much) putting all together (maui,rtcs and the sensor) and
having it work, but now It seem to be working fine on my CE in
success).The bad news are that I had to do a couple of changes to your accounting sensor script (just 2 or tree lines due to unnoticed changes to the name of some variables, and to the fact that the user credentials now are cleaned from the user dir -before- the sensor run, so I use the host credential ), and that we (wp1) still need to fine tune some part of the job submission process related to the accounting part (we plan to do these changes in the next weeks).So to conclude, given these small changes to the script, things seems to be working. I only noticed that maui seems to be rather slow in the scheduling process, but this may be caused by some lack in my configuration.”
Maite requested him to log the changes via bugzilla so Thomas could incorporate them into the code. No news from him since then.
The RMS was switched on at NIKHEF’s
application testbed, as agreed. Some problems due to maui node features not reported
(node feautures = arbitrary properties of nodes).
1. Stress tests in the testplan. CLOSED
2. Resources used by daemon. CLOSED
3. Large number of rules configured (~1000). CLOSED
4. Complex rules configured (>100 operands). CLOSED
5. Put trash in monitoring data. CLOSED/NOT POSSIBLE?
6. Improve the logging facility. CLOSED
7. Still nothing about ok/bad rules in log file CLOSED
8. Some debugging messages (pointers...) CLOSED
9. Not easily readable, need more 'user oriented’ messages CLOSED
10. Timestamp should be given on every line CLOSED
11. Fix rpm name with gcc 3.2.2 CLOSED
12. Provide a clean source tarball. CLOSED
13. Improved configuration with quattor NOT STARTED
14. Not link fmon API statically to avoid necessary rebuildings in case of updates. CLOSED
15. Reinject actions/rule results in monitoring as metrics in addition to log. Really important to have full loop. ONGOING
16. Maximum number of trials if actuator does not improve situation. ONGOING
- WP4 Final Evaluation Report:
o EDMS link:
o Tool evaluation status
ü For quattor: done by CERN service managers
ü For EDG-LCFGng: 10 evaluations received till now
ü For gridification components: no evaluation received yet
ü For LEMON: KIP evaluation received
ü For FT: KIP evaluation received
ü For RMS: no evaluation received yet
o Document skeleton distributed by Maite, no comments received, so accepted.
o Architecture contribution received. Comments sent back to FT and monitoring. More contributions requested, please, respect the deadlines and send them on time
o The PTB review will be done by:
§ Moderator: Franck Bonnassieux (WP7)
§ Reviewers: Cal Loomis (WP6), Kors Bos (PMB), Stefano Becco (WP1)
- EU review: It will be at CERN, 19-20 February. No demos form mw WPs, just from the applications. A half an hour presentation per mw WP with 10 minutes for questions; many questions are expected due to the fact that it is the project closure (on funding, results, dissemination…).