WP4 phone conference, 13/08/2003
- NIKHEF: Martijn
- CERN: Maite, German,
Piotr, Jan, Sylvain
- Edinburgh: Lex
Review of actions
- Action 18: ZIB is working on LSF support for the RMS.
- Action 90: Hugo is testing Fault Tolerance together with Fabric
Monitoring, here is his report:
- RPMs being
- Some problems found at starting the FT
daemon; already solved.
- Some problems with the 2polish command
(after checking log files
and rules); also solved.
- From the log file the FT daemon seems to
read the rules but it just dies. The log files have been sent to Heidelberg people requesting some help on how
to have more debugging information
from the daemon and find out what is going wrong.
- Action 91: No update.
- Action on Sylvain to follow up the fabric monitoring use in the
EDG testbed and to promote it, e.g. release metrics to monitor daemons and
simple web interface to visualize it.
- Action on Maite to contact Steve Fisher to check when WP3 is
going to interface to the WP4 fabric monitoring and what is the status of
- Action on the FT, monitoring, resource management and gridification task leaders to prepare the 1 h tutorial
topics and exercises and send a first draft to Maite by the end of August.
(CERN, Installation task):
(NIKHEF, gridification task):
- 2.5.2 LCMAPS AFS and Kerberos modules: ongoing/delayed, still
in time for testbed integration. Release: end August.
- 2.5.4 VOMS module, POSIX module, POOL module: unit tested.
To be integrated
in EDG 2.1.
- 2.5.5 LCAS server implementation: ongoing/delayed
The LCAS VOMS plugin has a higher priority than the server
implementation, may be released separately with an updated version of the
library implementation of the LCAS plugin framework.
Release VOMS plugin + updated LCAS: end of August.
- 2.5.6 Job repository: ongoing
A very simple
version of a job repository may be needed for slashgrid.
Higher priority than the server implementation of LCAS.
(ZIB, resource mgt task): We
mainly worked on the info providers and their configuration. Also work on
the LSF support has been continued. However, it may be that we'll not make
it until August 20th. When LSF support is done we start with Condor.
- Piotr (CERN, Configuration Mgt task):
- 2.1.4 Scalability: delayed - no update
- 2.1.5 CDB notification for sync: done,
Rafael released the 1.0 version and 1.1 specification documents.
- 2.1.7 CDB SQL Server module: Lex just
about to release the Oracle compatible release.
- 2.1.6 CDB Server module for XML replication: Andy released 0.9.0 version of the
- Piotr also working on support and bug
fixes for CERN.
- Jan (CERN,
- 2.3.12 Oracle interface: Data loss
problems partially understood; Oracle database tuning improved the situation, insert rate now
97%. Not good enough...
Many small improvements:
leaks found + fixed
keys added to LatestValue tables
to violate primary keys understood (problem at sending hosts, not in MR)
too long string values
- 2.3.14 Interface open source database: automatic
table generation + rolling development finished.
- 2.3.21 MSA: Solaris compatibility added.
2.0 release seems to be very close now (the tag released this morning seems to
be a good candidate). After this release, the upgrade to gcc
3.2.2 needs to be done (the autobuilt RPMs are already in the repository but they have never been
integrated and deployed yet, as EDG 2.0 is based on gcc
2.95). This means that the EDG 2.1 integration will realistically start at the
beginning of September, and just very few integration slots will be available.
The project will prioritize on what and when will be integrated.
Reminder on the agenda for WP4 meetings at the EDG
Tutorial for system administrators on the new set of
WP4 tools for system management (installation and configuration) to be hold on Friday
morning. To register, send a mail to German.Cancio@cern.ch
WP4 internal hands-on tutorials on Gridification,
Resource management and Fault Tolerance. Monday
afternoon. 1 hour per task. Prerequisites: sw for
the tutorial needs to have been previously installed and configured in the
machines to not to waste time on this. Send draft agenda to Maite before the
end of August.
Friday afternoon: task reports.
See the preliminary conference agenda at: http://agenda.cern.ch/fullAgenda.php?ida=a032023
Next meeting: 27/08/2003