WP4 phone conference, 25/06/2003
- NIKHEF: Martijn
- CERN: Maite, German,
- ZIB: Thomas
- University of Heidelberg: Lord
- Edinburgh: Lex
- INFN: Enrico, Andrea
Review of actions
- Action 18: Porting to LSF will be done in early July.
- Action 90: No update. Sylvain will dedicate one week to the
testing when he is back from holidays.
- Action 91: No update.
- Action 92:
- Resource Mgt: Thomas working on it. It works with make, they are modifying it to use autotools.
He estimates 1 weeks to have it ready.
- Gridification: Both the edg_gatekeeper and LCAS
are autobuilt correctly with gcc3.2.2.
- Fault Tolerance: The autobuild works
now, the RPM is not produced yet, to be fixed.
- Action 94: All the WP4 external APIs are now in a separate RPM.
Piotr presented this information to the ATF and
he didnít get any comment. Action CLOSED.
(CERN, Installation task):
Rudimentary version of VOMS module.
POSIX module and POOL module are ready.
Release: end of June.
LCMAPS: to be tested (once it autobuilds)
(ZIB, resource mgt task): We
continued working on gcc 3.2.2 compatibility,
LCFG object for CE info provider and autotools
- gcc3.2.2 is finished (but build currently fails
due to switch to autotools. autotools
works partly in our local environment, but not yet on the autobuild machine (would assume ~ 1PW to fix it).
- LCFG object is ongoing (partly checked in), but local testing and
some modifications still to be done (assume ~ 1-2 PW to finish).
- PW distribution according to task plan:
- 2.7 Resource Management System
- 0.8 Information Providers
- 0.5 Coordination
- 0.0 Integration
- Piotr (CERN,
Configuration Mgt task):
- 2.1.4 Scalability: delayed - no update
- 2.1.5 CDB notification for sync: version
1.0 sent, we should have beta release this week.
- 2.1.7 CDB SQL Server module: Lex working on beta release.
- 2.1.6 CDB Server module for XML replication: Andy working on beta release.
- Lord (Fault Tolerance task, Heidelberg):
- 2.4.1: Finished
- 2.4.2: Finish 07/03
- 2.4.3: Not started, Configuration
- 2.4.4: Done
- 2.4.5: Finished
- 2.4.6: finish 15/07/03
- 2.4.7: DELAYED, finish end of June
- 2.4.8: not started, finish 08/03
- 2.4.9: not started, finish 07/03
- 2.4.10: started
- 2.4.11: not started, finish 08/03
- 2.4.12: ongoing, finish 06/03
- 2.4.13: This is one point we have to
skip, (your mail from 02.06.2003) not started
- 2.4.14: delayed, the "reedit function
is not working, finish end of June.
- 2.4.15: delayed, finish second week of
- 2.4.16: finished
- 2.4.17: ongoing, the how to for creating
rules and install the software on a node will be finished 06/03.
- The delays are caused on the redesign of
the subscription metric which is not listed above. It looks that we are 3
weeks behind schedule.
- Due to the rescheduling of the FT+Fmon release, Lord will come to CERN to 20th
of August to help with the integration.
- Jan (CERN,
- MSA smoothing implemented, needs some
- MR/Oracle focus on stability and
- Following an evaluation period, CERN FIO
(Fabric Infrastructure and Operations) group has decided to deploy the
WP4 Fabric Monitoring Repository
(with Oracle backend) for storage of the LCG1 fabric monitoring data at
CERN. Data will be gathered on the client nodes using the WP4 Monitoring
Reminder to send the information for the QR to Maite
as soon as possible.
Reminder to read the release plan, with special
attention to the integration prerequisites, to be checked by the QAG member
before the integration slot. If they are not fulfilled, the QAG and project
technical management may decide to cancel the integration:
Next meeting: 09/07/2003