WP4 phone conference, 26/03/2003
- PPARC: Lex
- ZIB: Thomas
- NIKHEF: Martijn
- INFN: Enrico, Andrea
- CERN: Maite, Jan, Sylvain, German
- KIP: Lord was not able to connect
Review of actions
- Action 17: No update.
- Action 18: Thomas has requested to the Condor team that they
set up a Condor cluster for him to test. The RMS component to be
integrated next week will only interface to PBS.
- Action 40: Jan proposes to close this action and to open a new
one to follow up the testing. CLOSED.
- Action 74: The accounting is now finished, and it will be
tested this afternoon together with WP1. Thanks to Thomas and the Resource
Management task for the extra effort they have put to be ready for the
integration date. German asks if the RMS is the only source of accounting
information or if there is any alternative? From WP4 it is the only
source; maybe WP1 has another alternative. Maite will check with
- Action 88: Priority is given now to the RMS integration. Thomas
will test the use cases once this is over.
- Action on the Monitoring task (Jan) to test the latest version
of the FT prototype (including string comparison and level-based actuator
- German (CERN): progress
(INFN): Working on final version of Automated Installation Infrastructure
document. When the final version is ready, they will start the
implementation (first without KickStart). Experimenting with the library
provided by German. Andrea is discussing with his boss his contribution to
(NIKHEF): on track with the plan.
- Thomas (ZIB): Preparations for next week integration.
- Lord (University Heidelberg):
- Jan van Eldik (CERN, Monitoring task):
TCP transport: ongoing
- 2.3.4 Alarm Display: ongoing
- 2.3.12 Oracle interface: CERN Oracle team came with many
recommendations to improve the insert performance of the application
(array inserts, variable binding) and the performance of the machine (Red
Hat advanced server, striping across disks, EXT2 filesystem, asynchronous
IO). These recommendations are being implemented.
- Lex (Edinburgh University): working full time for the Configuration task as planned.
- Piotr (CERN,
Configuration task): 4 developments started in parallel:
- 2.1.4 - may be probably delayed - Piotr spent more time than planned on coordination, ATF
and coordination with FIO.
- 2.1.5 - Rafael doing good work, everything on time
- 2.1.7 - according to Lex on time
- 2.1.8 - according to Andrew on time
- Planning for 2003: Comments received from all the task leaders.
The final version including them will be put in EDMS.
Next meeting: 09/04/2003