WP4 phone conference, 8/1/2003
- KIP: Frank
- NIKHEF: David
- INFN: Andrea, Enrico
- CERN: Maite, Sylvain, Olof, Helge, Lionel, German
- Apologies: ZIB
Review of actions
- Action 40: string compare in FT
rules is being implemented.
- Action 58: David said that the
Gridification task plan would be sent before the end of this week.
- Action 82: no change
- Action 83: Lord has sent his part.
- Action 84: closed
- Action 85: answer is no, WP1 does
not need the accounting for their EU review demo, but they still expect it
for the end of January 2003. Closed
- Action 86: done. Closed
- Action 87: done. Closed
EU review demo preparation
- Tuesday 14/1: Lord comes to CERN
- Wednesday 15/1: software freeze
- Thursday 16/1: setup demo for internal rehearsal
- Friday 17/1: WP4 internal rehearsal (office or conf room)
- Wednesday 22/1: first EDG demo rehearsal, bat 600-R-017
- Tuesday 28/1: second and final EDG demo rehearsal, bat
- Wednesday 5/2: EU review demo
- First version of demo slides ready by Monday, 13/1
- INFN: Andrea helping Elisabetta to develop RB objects. Maite
said that objects are ready in CVS but they haven’t yet been tested.
- INFN: Enrico working with Andrea to prepare an internal INFN
site admin meeting about LCFGng. German asked them to give him a copy of
- KIP: nothing to report
- NIKHEF: starting from tomorrow one person for one day per week
+ one person 50% from beginning of February.
- Andrea: when is WP6 going to release the new R1.4 with LCFGng?
Maite: still testing the configuration and RPM list. If finished by today
or tomorrow it will be put in 1.4.1, otherwise not (R1.4.1 will be
released end of this week). This concerns LCFGng for RH6.
- Maite: RH7 discussed in ITeam meeting today. Bob says that he
doesn’t know what compilers the m/w and applications WPs need. Markus
proposed to take the CERN distribution but this wasn’t accepted by NIKHEF,
RAL and Lyon. Decision about the full RH73 definition will be taken at the
ITeam meeting next week. German said that this will require more testing
and porting of LCFGng. LCFGng has been tested with the CERN certified RH73
distribution with two exceptions: sendmail and old RPM version needed by
- WP mgrs meeting action 178 “To provide Yannick Patois with
following information: Which CVS modules are part of release 1.4 &
Which RPMs are built by which CVS module”. German said that this is moving
target and it doesn’t make sense to provide that information. Maite will
discuss this with Yannick.