WP4 phone conference, 11/9/2002
- PPARC: Lex
- KIP: Lord, Frank
- INFN: Enrico
- CERN: Maite, Olof, Helge (CCS project), Sylvain, German
- Apologies: Lionel
Review of actions
- 13, 17, 18, 58: no update
- 40: working on interface for the configuration. Olof pointed
out that it is important that the FT task publishes their public
interfaces (actuator and dispatcher) very soon. Helge supported this and
asked for having at least a preliminary draft of the interfaces. Lord
promised to speed up the definition of the interfaces and put them in CVS
by first week of October.
- 74: Thomas expected to receive some code from WP1. He will
contact them again.
- 76: not yet released in CVS because code cleaning. Olof said it
is important to try to stick to the deadline of 15th of
Questions to task progress reports
- LCFG documentation: Lex is discussing with German and Enrico
how to best organise the documentation. Minimal documentation already
exists for release 2.
- LCFGng (German):
- Need to be clarified how to use the same server for both RH6
and Rh7 clients.
- Must test LCFGng RH7.2 version here at CERN.
- Maite wonders which RH7.2 distribution we are using? CERN
distribution (RH7.2.1). Do we need to discuss this with the rest of EDG? Action
on Olof to bring up the issue at the weekly WP mgrs meeting.
- Local disk “footprint” discussions in Budapest. How can we
interface the batch schedulers with the WP2 daemon? Can we define the
resource in LSF? Thomas said that this may depend on the scheduler. Action
on Thomas: to check if this is possible with the Maui scheduler.
- Action on Olof: to follow up RH7.2
distribution in EDG.
- Action on German: fix
failing installation step of autobuild for the installation task
- PPARC (Lex): Lex asked if it would be useful if he would come
to CERN for a few days before the end of the year. German said that this
was a good idea and the best would be if Lex could come already before the
end of September or early October to help with LCFGng deployment. Lex
agreed with coming the first week of October and he will check if this is
- INFN (Enrico):
- Enrico said that he has just finished the kickstart file
generator. The first version will be put in CVS this afternoon. There are
still a few problems/limitations due to bugs in Anaconda.
- Christina will come back in October to help (most probably).
- Massimo is working on the “auth” component problems.
- ZIB (Thomas):
- Successfully combined the Maui scheduler with the RTCS.
- Working on releasing the new code.
- Maite noted that two new Globus versions have been released
since the last test of the RMS software. The tests will need to be
- KIP (Lord): wants to use GPL licensed software. The software
provides an XMLWebGUI based on tomcat, for changing XML configuration.
- CERN (Olof):
- Monitoring repository server is ready and Sylvain is in the
process of integrating it with the new TCP transport.
- Planning for new configuration client developments and
software package management is progressing.
- Maite: wants to check the autobuild status. The autobuild is
now also running on the CVS HEAD version. She pointed out that there are a
few problems with the last tagged version:
- Warnings with LCAS. Maite follows this up with Martijn and
- Make failure with installation (LCFG). German will follow this
up. Action on German.
- Maite: quality group is now reviewing the existing quality
documents. There are some overlaps between the documents and the group
will try to merge/combine some of the documents into a consistent set of
guidelines. Maite intends to ask two or three WP4 collaborators to help
reviewing the first draft of the new documents and the final draft will be
distributed to the WP4 list for comments. German said that the autobuild
process needs to be further discussed.
Next meeting: the 2nd of October there is the
technical board meeting. New date for next WP4 phone conference: Tuesday 1st