WP4 phone conference, 12/6/2002
- ZIB: Thomas
- KIP: Frank
- NIKHEF: David, Martijn
- INFN: Enrico
- CERN: Maite, Lionel, Olof
- Apologies: German, Paul
Review of actions
- Action 13: Olof reported that Piotr has produced a draft HLD
definition for the monitoring.
- Action 17: no update
- Action 18: no update
- Action 40: no update
- Action 58: no update. Maite suggests to wait with closing this
action until the integration of the Resource Management prototype
delivered in release 1.3.
- Action 64: Markus sent a report. German is collecting feedback
to be sent back to the testbed administrators. Closed.
- Action 69:
- German reports via Email: The WP4-install
top-level makefile interfaces the EDG autobuild tools with the Edinburgh
DICE build tools. Taking into account the restrictions described in
action 72 (see below), we also implement all the other EDG autobuild
requirements as seen under http://datagrid.in2p3.fr/autobuild.
Note that the above applies to the new fabric_mgt/edg-lcfg, the old
fabric_mgt/installation is deprecated in release 1.3.
- Maite reported that only a few non-working modules are left
and non of those are from WP4. Wait to close until official release.
- Action 72: mail was sent. Closed
- Action 73: meeting will take place during the ATF today
- Action 74: Olof reported that the monitoring task is looking
into implementing a sensor reading the local process accounting (pacct)
file. Thomas has no news from WP1 how they want to receive the data.
- Action 75: no update
- New action on Thomas: follow up together with WP1 (Massimo) the
definition of the glue-schema for the CE. Deployment of the new schema is
planned for release 1.4.
Questions/comments to progress reports
- The PI1 interface definition is checked into EDG CVS
- Despite its early status (10%) the PI2 is still planned to be
ready for 1.3 deadline, Friday 21/6/2002.
- The C6 version of the actuator dispatcher allows a user
trigger recovery actions from within an application. It is intended for
use by normal user (WP8,9,10) applications.
- Configuration task
- The draft CDB design will be sent today. The final draft is
planned for 1.4.
- Resource Management task
- Olof wondered if Thomas has been able to use the test machine
that has been setup for him. Thomas reported that he has been able to use
it for some preliminary tests. He will finalise the tests before the
integration starts at the release 1.3 deadline the 21st of
- Olof wondered who from WP4 will go to GGF5: David will go.
Somebody from CERN should probably also go.
- Workshop Dinner: Thomas has received about 8 confirmations.
- Enrico reported that he has been working on the new LCFG. He
doesn’t know yet what can be released for next Friday (release 1.3). So
far he has tested that update an existing LCFG client is working. The main
missing piece is the install-root, which he has not received yet.
- Olof asked each partner to prepare the quarterly report input a
bit in advance so that the report can be finished before the 27th
Next meeting: 26/6/2002