WP4 phone conference 20/03/02
- ZIB: Thomas
- CERN: Sylvain, Maite, Lionel
- Heidelberg: Frank
- NIKHEF: Martijn, David
- INFN: Enrico
List of actions
- Installation task: ongoing
- RMS: would like to gain some information with the prototype;
they will try to do it as soon as possible.
- Monitoring task: finished, but waiting for Fault Tolerance to
check overlapping, common needs…
- Heidelberg: ongoing; Lord is working on it.
- 17: no update
- 18: They have started to investigate and work on Condor.
- 40: Sylvain is using the new interface to write sensors; the
C++ API was presented in Paris and is working fine; it is not in CVS yet.
Fault Tolerance is currently discussing how its API will look like.
- Installation task has produced a new plan this week.
- An updated version of the global release plan has been
distributed this week; waiting for comments from all the tasks.
- No update from Gridification.
- 54: see 17.
- 58: The job manager is delayed to release 1.3. Reasons: “First we had to
put efforts into the tasks for accounting (WP1 proposal) and component interaction
(SOAP, XML-RPC, ...) Second, the interfacing with the Globus gatekeeper
takes longer than expected. We had to investigate on our API definition
and could not start in time with the work for this release.”
- 60: Accounting was already discussed in Paris. Thomas will keep
contact with WP1. Closed.
- 61: The EDG authorization group has been contacted and there’s
no objection to the release of the WP4 gatekeeper. Closed.
- 63: Thomas presented the feedback and the ideas in Paris. He will
check with Florian how to proceed.
- 64: Markus and Emanuele are writing a report about the LCFG
experience. They will send it end of this week, and once we read it, the
meeting will be organized.
- 65: Done. Closed.
- 66: Fault Tolerance is waiting for the repository interface.
Sylvain said that this interface is already defined, but not implemented
yet. Implementation date not known yet, check with Olof. Frank will have a
look to the interface definition.
- 67: See action 58. Closed.
Task progress reports
- Resource mgmt: they are working on how to replace the Globus
- Configuration: working on the prototype compiler, they will
have the first version ready end of this month or hopefully end of this
- Fault Tolerance: working on the API, and on the bugs from
release 1.1. They will not deliver anything for release 1.2.
- Monitoring: They have been working on the integration of the
prototype in the CERN testbed, mainly in the web interface. Also working
in the new sensors.
- Installation: Enrico is working on documentation and LCFG “light”.
He is also packaging the solution for the LCFG boot from an HD partition. German
sent the new installation plan. Gaetano is going to produce a detailed
plan for the INFN installation part.
- Gridification: Working on the LCAS. Not sure if they will
manage to deliver it on time with dynamic modules.
- New action: Maite has sent an
e-mail to the task leaders asking for details of the work
involved to port the WP4 software to Solaris. The sort of information needed
is what are the steps involved, what knowledge of Solaris is required and
how much time each task would take.
- Send comments this week to the new version of the Global
Next meeting: 04/4/2002 @ 11:00