WP4 phone conference 06/02/02
- ZIB: Florian
- CERN: Olof, Sylvain, Piotr
- Heidelberg: Frank, Lord
- NIKHEF: Martijn
List of actions
- 3: no news
- 13: Piotr wondered if monitoring & fault tolerance tasks could
do this jointly? He asked if the fault tolerance task could provide a
documentation of their configuration and send it to Piotr. Piotr, Sylvain
and Olof have been discussing the monitoring configuration requirements,
which turned out to be more complicated than what was originally expected.
- 14: no news
- 17 no progress
- 18: ZIB will get in contact with the Spanish person who
apparently has made a Condor port of the information providers with the
aim to assure that the support is coordinated.
- 19: closed. The testbed people haven’t been able to provide any
information. However, the fault tolerance task will manage anyway by
inquiring the necessary information from the OS. Action closed.
- 36: no news
- 40: A phone conference was set-up last week between the fault
tolerance and monitoring tasks to discuss the monitoring interfaces (in
particular the sensor – agent interface). Olof wondered about the public
interface definitions from the fault tolerance task, e.g. the dispatcher
interface and the actuator plug-in interface. Frank said that they are
currently thinking about a complete interface but nothing has been defined
yet. Olof asked the fault tolerance task to at least provide a timeline
for when they expect to have something ready. Piotr said that the installation
task would be interested to interface with monitoring and FT.
- 42: no news
- 48: no progress. Olof still waiting for a written plan from
David and Martijn
- 54: see action 18
- 56: mail was sent this week and Olof confirmed that he was
happy with it. Action closed.
- 57: no news
- 58: no progress
- 59: done (see action 40). Action closed
- 60: Thomas is working on it.
- 61: Martijn reported that David is meeting with the
authorization group this week.
- 62: ZIB think it is important to keep compatibility with the
Globus gatekeeper and will hence make sure that the WP4 replacement for
the Globus job-manager works with the Globus gatekeeper. Action closed.
Task progress reports
- Reports were received from the Resource mgmt and monitoring
tasks. The fault tolerance task claimed they sent their report to Maite.
Olof will check.
- Florian suggested a new action: try to achieve a WP4-wide decision on
what RPC mechanism should be used for new interfaces. All tasks must
investigate SOAP (or other XML RPC) implementation for the different
programming languages they intend to use. Florian agreed to collect the input.
- Frank reported that the lmsensor package not installed on the
testbed. Frank and Lord have therefore installed themselves on the CERN testbed
node they are using for their tests. Olof asked them to make sure that the
package is included in the external RPM distribution from WP6 in Lyon.
They now also encountered a problem with the installed compiler when they
compile their code. They have tried on different testbed machines without
success. Olof suggested they should check with Maite.
Next meeting: 20/2/2002 @ 11:00