WP4 phone conference, 7/11/2001
- CERN: Olof, Jan, German
- PPARC: Lex
- Heidelberg: Lord
- NIKHEF excused.
(ZIB sent a report by mail)
Review of actions
- 3: Jan reported that Maite decided last week to go for the
core-RPM list. Keep open.
- 14: no news. Leave open
- 17: no news
- 18: (mail from Thomas) got accounts on a Condor pool at
NIKHEF. Looked a bit at the Condor commands, but didn’t yet go into
details (e.g. information providers).
- 37: (mail from Thomas) Sorry, but didn’t manage so far.
- 39: no news
- 40: need survey Scada/PVSS interfaces first. Deadline changed
to end of January.
- 42: no update. Nothing from other institutes. Still open.
- 43: (mail from Thomas) Fixed several bugs.
- 45: D4.2 accepted. Closed
- 46: D4.2 accepted. Closed
- 47: No objections to the proposal. Jan thought short release
cycles was useful for bug-fixes. Olof pointed out that we also have to
provide a plan for what we are going to deliver for new components in each
release. Lex: we have no basic problems with the proposal. It gives opportunities
to introduce bugfixes etc. (Thomas via e-mail) Looks fine, but we need
an internal plan for what each task has to provide for each release
(step). This should be discussed at the workshop, I think. Action
- Lord: has set-up a fault tolerance system with cooling and
heating control for CPU with a connected XML configuration file. Would now
like to start to use the low-level configuration API but a C API is
missing. Lord had some suggestions how they could wrap it around the
existing perl API. However, it was agreed a C API could be of general
interest so that Lord should first send a mail to Lionel to check what the
- Lex: object method architecture. Preparing configuration
- Jan: rather quite. Not many new (LCFG) bugs reported.
- German: looking to find a good way to tackle the outstanding
open questions in the architecture. We shouldn’t put new things into the
architecture but rather focus on finding agreements on the outstanding
- Olof: circulated monitoring task plan last week. It should be
used by the other tasks as template for their own development plans, which
have to be sent in one week before the WP4 November workshop at the
latest. à New
- Olof: D4.2 was accepted at PTB last week. We now need to
finalize the internal architecture discussions. à New Action
- Action on Lord: ask configuration management task for a C API.
Olof opened a set of short term actions
related with the global release-2 planning ( see http://cern.ch/hep-proj-grid-fabric/plans/PM21/plans.htm
- Action on all task leaders (Lionel, Lord, Bernd/Olof, German,
Florian, David): write a draft Release 2 subsystem development plan. The
plan should follow the template circulated by Olof last week (http://cern.ch/hep-proj-grid-fabric/Tasks/monitoring/DataGrid-04-TED-0125-1-0.pdf
). The deadline is 21/11/2001 (one week before the WP4 November workshop).
The plan should be mailed to Olof (and the rest of the WP4).
- Action on Olof and German: write a global specification for
Release-2. A draft should be circulated to WP4 end of next week.
- Action on Olof to review available resources in the partner
institutes for next year. The deadline is by the WP4 November workshop.
- Action on German to initiate and drive the second iteration on
the open issues in the architecture. The deadline is the WP4 November
- Next WP4 phone conference will take place: Wednesday 21/11/01
11:00 (GVA time)