WP4 phone conference 26/09/2001
- Lord – Heidelberg
- Andrea – INFN
- David – NIKHEF
- Lex – Edinburgh
- Piotr, Jan, Maite, Olof, German
- LCFG: load of small changes on the CVS repository, therefore
no RPM yet. LCFG RPMs unstable at the moment but will be OK in the
afternoon. Doc: Going well. Default configuration needs to be revised
again. Hope to have a CVS freeze this afternoon. Answers to Maite’s list:
- All source in CVS, but using some packages, which are not in
distributed RPMs (special perl).
- RPMs OK.
- Method CVS à RPM ok.
- Won’t keep the RPM versions numbering standard because LCFG
is existing since long with its own versioning.
- Configuration profiles will be re-locatable.
- Configuration: Answers to Maite’s list:
- Code available in CVS (closed), managed to do one install
together with Maite.
- Packaging is done.
- Instruction to install the RPM done.
- Doc: Install/build ok, config. to be done.
- Will follow recommended versioning.
- RPMs maybe re-locatable (they are not now but it’s not a
- Tagging TBD. Will not comply with the directory rule (too
late to change now).
- Base installation: Bernd couldn’t participate in the meeting
but he had reported to Olof that he would try to comply to all points in
Maite’s list. Bernd will be around for the integration phase the coming
two weeks. Maite wants to sit together with Bernd to do one install (not
for this week).
- 2: in progress. The program should be put into Bernd’s CVS. It
will also be delivered this Friday.
- Core list: finished and sent to Integration Team
LCFG list: will be ready this
Application list: waiting from
proposed application list from Andrea. Is stable. Andrea has currently problems
with LCFG but will prepare something for tomorrow.
- 4: for end of this week
- 5: for end of this week
- 6: Closed
- 7: Closed. Information to be written by hand by the system
- 8: only received comments from Piotr. Proposal will be sent to
the integration team today. However, the components can be changed in the
- 9: closed
- 10: A version was sent by Maite. No comments received. A new
version from the integration team received yesterday. RPM and source code
naming conventions. Doesn’t make sense to continue to work on this for
this release. Closed.
- 11:Received last updates yesterday. Not all tasks submitted a
glossary (gridification, installation and configuration still missing).
- 12: implementation of the comments OK. German sends out a note
for how this was done. Subsystem integration under progress. Wants now to
start the integration with references. A first complete draft this
afternoon. Use-cases are missing. An overview picture and glossary are
missing. An executive summary is being produced by Olof.
- 13: long term
- 14: action on German to check if this is still an action.
- 15: closed
- 16: action irrelevant now. Closed.
- 17: internal for RMS. Check with Florian and Thomas at next
- 18: OK for information providers (LSF & PBS) but keep
action open for long-term
- 19: long term
- 32: access fixed. Closed
- 33: done. Closed
- 34: depends on internal CERN IT re-organization.
- 35: LCFG: Jan with backup from Julian and Andrea (Email), Cfg
mgmt: Piotr, Base installation: Bernd. Closed
- 36: nothing done yet because internal discussion in the
integration team about going back to previous Globus version. Action to be
taken up again when this has been clarified. Marco is in the CERN school
of computing this week.
- 37: Thomas could not call in today because of a ZIB meeting.
New actions and AOB
- Jan, Maite, Olof, Lex, David: nothing
- Piotr: dealing with internal actions. No new action.
- Andrea: will contact Jan about current LCFG problems.
- Lord: nothing special. Discussing monitoring prototype with
- German: the architecture document will be circulated this
afternoon. New Action: the reviewers appointed for the first draft (in
August) to review the new draft when it comes out. Deadline for the review
is next Wednesday (3/10/2001). German mentioned that the draft will
not include the use-cases and the glossary needs to be improved. An
overview picture is missing. Olof should provide an executive summary.